Brian’s ( of California) skeletal top acrylic plinth upgrade:

Hi Michael,

Finished setting up new plinth and breaking in the bronze bearing hub. Enclosed are a few pics. It's great. I added a bunch of mods at the same time, so it is hard to say what affects what, but the overall result is a turntable where the highs, mids and lows seem perfectly balanced.and I hear new details in music I have been listening to for decades.

The slots in the plinth are very useful. I changed to a silicone belt and it had more flex than the old Rega, but I added tension using the slots and the result was that wow/flutter dropped from .25 with the glass platter and Rega belt TO .16 with the acrylic platter and silicone belt.

The turntable looks beautiful. Couldn't be happier. The only other thing I'm curious about is dropping the motor but I will first have to prepare myself for the Fedex costs again.






Thanks again,
Brian


Thanks Brian!



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...