Dan (Ireland)'s upgrades for his New Planar 3

Dan has upgraded his New Planar 3 with Aluminium Sub-platter, adjustable feet and stainless steel pulley with matching belt. Sharing with you here his comments on the upgrades: 


Hi Michael,

Let me start with Happy New Year and sorry for the late reply. It was busy end of the year and beginning is even worst :-)

Anyhow I was able to install the upgrades one by one only last week following with some testing.

Upgrade is great and I'm really happy with it. 

The Biggest change was definitely the sub platter. On top of improvement in mid range and bass it was even able to remove inner groove distortions I had on some older records which is massive for me.

Legs and pulley bring other improvements in overall which to be honest I did not expect to "hear" I went for legs to be able easier to level the table and pulley with the belt to have top drive chain elements at the same "level" of quality. Anyhow each of those brings benefit which is hearable which again I did not expect.





Thanks again for your help and great service. 

Let me now enjoy music for a while until the next upgrade :-)

Best of luck!!
Dan
                                                                                                        

Thanks Dan !



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...